Peaches just have one thing agains them: they ripen all at the exact same time. So if you got yourself a pack of peaches, you got to finish them the very same day, or else you will be treated on a nice, fluffy, white-and-green mold spot. Yum.
I had a few inches of space in my mini freezer, so when the peaches were ripe, I cut them in pieces, put them in a plastic bag and shove them in the freezer. In that way, I could later make a smoothie bowl out of them! And later-day came today.
I find it important not to only put fruit, but also vegetables in my smoothie or smoothie bowl. In that way, you will get a smoothie with more vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre. The greens also prevent a quick rise in your blood sugar and thus insulin level. Great to prevent a craving for something sweet later.
To make a smoothie bowl, I usually put one or two pieces of fruit and two sorts of vegetables in the blender, together with plant-based milk or coconut water, seeds and nuts. And of course you don’t want to miss out on toppings.
I call this creation of mine the peachy green smoothie bowl. Because well, peaches. And greens.
- 2 (frozen) peaches (± 300 grams)
- 1 handful of lettuce or spinach
- 1/4 big or 1/2 small courgette
- 100 ml coconut water
- Splash of unsweetened soymilk (or almond milk if you want your smoothie fully raw)
- Toppings of choice (I had cacaonibs, goji berries and shredded coconut)
How to make a Peachy Green Smoothie Bowl:
- Put all ingredients in the blender
- Mix well on high power, until you reach a smooth texture (do not blend for too long, since this will warm up the liquid)
- Do you find your smoothie too thick? Then add a bit of extra water.
- Pour your smoothie in a bowl and choose your favoriete toppings. Sprinkle as much as you like on top of the smoothie bowl. Enjoy!
This post is also available in NL